Sunday 26 February 2012

Pensive

I feel in quite a pensive mood today, well the last few days really. When I was a teenager I had quite a lot of friends, predominantly through the Mormon church. Although I don't consider myself a Mormon anymore, because my whole thought process has changed, I still care deeply about a lot of people I was close to back then.

A few days ago, I learned that one of those people had been killed in a tragic accident; his motorbike colliding with a car. He was 33 yrs old, and although I hadn't seen him in many years, it has made me feel really sad. It is too young.

I have many fond memories of him, and I suppose it has naturally made me think back. He was one of the only people who would play with my hair whilst we watched a movie, usually round the Vousden's home. I remember driving him back to Colchester in Bob's white van singing Celine Dion at the top of our voices, but making it sound like she was under water. Goodness knows why, but we ached with laughter. I remember when he first passed his driving test and he took us out for a drive in Bob's Granada, the control freak in me was petrified.

But the boy did good. The boy was good. I am sad that his family are now having to come to terms with life without him!

Rest easy old friend. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment